Thursday, June 25, 2009

You rocked my world; you know you did.

Ok so maybe he didn't really rock my world, but I did listen to his music from time to time.

Is this true? Is Michael Jackson really dead?

Facebook Friends say...
Alex Mckay- THIS JUST IN...Micheal Jackson has died!!! Little boys all over the world are breathing sighs of relief!!!

Karen Rocznik- Ok Folks.. MJ IS dead... let's just leave it at that!

Jess Tagoona- I guess his heart decided to beat it one last time.

Orwell Bernays III - children of the world just got safer. rip MJ.

Neil Coligan- Rest in Peace Michael...so much rumored, alleged and just plain strange, but the music will always speak of your talent
I turned on the tv to see almost every major television station with the same news. My first reaction to all of this was to check TMZ out (yes I know it's just as raunchy as all the other paparazzi stuff out there but I dig it because the 'journalists' who work here know they are lame for caring about celebrity news and call themselves on it!).

The weird thing...everyone and I mean everyone seems to be talking about it (including me, go figure). It's not like we all knew the guy.

But apparently these people did. Check out what other celebrities had to say about MJ via their twitter (jacked from TMZ by the way).
Lindsay Lohan: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Marlon Wayans: My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson family. I pray so hard for them. I'm crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson ... I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!

Ashton Kutcher:
Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.
As I sit here another 20 or so status updates with MJ appear on facebook. This is insane. I guess he was one of those people we all hated to love and loved to hate.

Regardless, RIP MJ. And I'll do the moonwalk just for you tonight. heh heh.

ps- I still can't help but wonder if MJ really did believe
his whole "it doesn't matter if you're black or white" theory?

No comments: